Private Vaux le Vicomte Tour in Luxury car from Paris
- Duration: 12 Hours
- Location: Maincy
After 1:15 of drive, you will arrive at the Castle Vaux le Vicomte.
If you choose to get a licensed guide you will meet the guide of the castle for 3 hours of the visit including the castle and the gardens.
The Castle was built to symbolize the success of Nicolas Fouquet, the superintendent of Louis XIV before he was arrested. Built by the architect Louis Le Vau,the designer Charles Le Brun and gardener’s André Le Nôtre, the sucesseful Nicolas Fouquet, superintendent of Louis XIV who was put by Louis XIV to work on Versailles after the arrest of Nicolas Fouquet.
Why Visit Vaux le Vicomte ?
The founding French Formal Garden and inspiration of Versailles
André Le Nôtre, the gardener of the King, creates at Vaux-le-Vicomte the seminal expression of the Jardin à la française, the French aesthetic of formal gardens that swept Europe in the 17th century. The strong lines and nobility of the garden design, its changing vistas and hidden charms, and the symphony of fountains… All combine with theatrical majesty to make Vaux-le-Vicomte a masterpiece of the French Formal Garden.
- The Castle is entirely decorated and furnished; The visit of the château is organized around four levels, decorated and furnished as if Nicolas Fouquet and his family had recently left the place. Vaux-le-Vicomte is one of the rare decors that has remained intact back from the XVIIth century.
- A a rare collection of beautiful antique carriages and their equipment are on display in the stable block
the largest private estate listed as a Historic Monument in France
From its creation in the XVIIth century, four successive families owned the estate. Private house and home before opening to the public in 1968, the château has kept an inhabited spirit, welcoming each visitor as a guest.
As of November 20, 2021, "Vaux-le-Vicomte's illuminations" will offer the château and gardens adorned with thousands of decorations and lights, transporting the visitor in the magical universe of Jean de La Fontaine!
we can book a panier picnic or one of the restaurants if you choose a visit
during the weekend.
- For a funny visit, you can book an electric buggy for 4-persons
are available to roam the 33 hectares of french formal garden.
- For a romantic evening, honeymooners, marriage proposal, renewal of
marriage vows, enjoy a unique moment where the castle is enlightened with 2000
- If you dream of living the life of a chateau, we can help you organize
breakfast, lunch, or dinner at the chateau. make you meet the owner or
organize any type of event. please do contact me personally email@example.com
- A 360° visit Discover a panoramic view over all the estate from the lantern overlooking the central dome, culminating point over the château. A breath-taking view at 25 meters above the ground. (extra fee – currently unavailable)
return to Paris
- English speaking driver leading the tour
- Entrance fee
- Gasol, toll fee
- Licensed guide
- Electric car
Have a virtual quick visit by clicking here.
Useful information – People with reduced mobility
- Reserved parking spaces are positioned on the principal parking
- Toilets for disabled people are available at the entrance of the estate.
- We truly regret to propose the access to the ground floor only that involves about 30 steps. The staff is available to help should you require assistance (manual wheelchairs only).
- The French Formal Garden, the Carriage Museum, and the restoration points are all fully available for disabled people.
- Electric cars are available for rent to visit the French Formal Garden (four seats, 20€ for 45 minutes – except for the Grand Siècle Day)
- Guide dogs are permitted on all the estate for blind people and people in need.
- A manual wheelchair is available at the entrance of the château to visit the ground floor only.
Useful information – Strollers and children
- Strollers are not allowed inside the château for preservation issues. A strollers parking is at your disposal at the entrance of it.
- Strollers are not allowed inside the restaurant Le Relais de l’Ecureuil: strollers parking is at your disposal in front of it.
- Baby highchairs and microwaves are available inside the restaurant Le Relais de l’Ecureuil.
- Changing tables are available in the toilets at the entrance of the estate.